RPG@QUT Matt's D&D
Many of its pages had been torn out and scribbled over to render them illegible. But the major revelations were the following. With more research, perhaps more detail can be uncovered.
- Year (from present) -40 to -20: Fenstrom worked for Zepher’s father, in his troupe, as Fenstrom described in his final rant.
- -20: Fenstrom left the father and started to build his power at Daggerburg Keep, slowly bending it to his needs as a stronghold.
- Soon after that, Michelevi barricaded himself into his lab for fear of Fenstrom. Fenstrom soon gave up trying to break in, and trusted the old man would soon be starved to death.
- Fenstrom built power with the goblins, organising them with years of perilous political, tribal struggle, with more than a little betrayal, murder, and torture on all sides.
- -4: Fenstrom ordered killing of Zepher’s father, done by hobgoblin tribe under his command. Interesting side note: Kat had been there and her clan tried to stop the attack but were defeated. Fenstrom was nearly stopped by Kat in particular. Kat saw the father killed. She was traumatised by this and has apparently blocked it out of her memory.
- -3: Formed alliance with Orcus cult in Fallcrest and their vampire retinue. Started working with them to open the portal, but he lacked the power and necromantic knowledge.
- Very recent: Discovered that his most trusted goblin leader, Moosook, was betraying him by bringing the goblin dead to Malareth in Twisting Halls, who paid much gold to reanimate them. So Fenstrom stole the chaos shard from Malareth and decided to go deeper into necromancy. Also tweaked the ritual on Mikal, who was buried under the chaos shared in Malareth’s lab, to come to find Fenstrom near Harkenwold once he rose as a zombie.
- Set up the slaughter in Harkenwold to test out his ability to use raised adventurers against the party, and urge the party to come find him near the portal in Daggerburg. There he planned to use his forces, including the raised Ercullum, to kill and raise the party, using them to lead a procession of undead emerging from the portal, making more as he went.
- Planned to not kill Zepher but render him helpless, then offer him a bargain: to see his father again (as Fenstrom stated in his temptation to Zepher in his final speech). However, this was a trick: called by Zepher, the spirit of his father would approach, to be captured by powerful Orcus minions in the Shadowfell. The spirit would be turned into a spectre under Fenstrom’s control. This would give Fenstrom the leverage necessary to make Zepher do anything in order to release his father from enslaved torment.
- Used the chaos shard to greatly speed up the ritual to open the portal.